Bring breaking news to your classroom with Agora!
Connect with schools across the country for an immersive live experience that puts students at the heart of an evolving narrative.
Students react to unfolding events in real time and face tough decisions that affect what happens next.
This unique event is fully resourced with materials based on real interviews and stories. A live feed showcases student opinions as the clock counts down to the nail-biting finale…
AGORA 2020: Secrets and lies
Exploring whistleblowing and national security
Connect schools across the country for discussion and decision-making about the web of questions generated by whistleblowing.
November 13th 2020 | 9.30am | £99
Watch the trailer
How does Agora work?
- Aimed at upper KS2 and KS3, teachers take a class of their students off timetable for the day, and we stream a breaking news story into their classroom, via a series of fictional films. No specialist IT required!
- Each film introduces new information – such as leaked documents or a live interview, which presents new perspectives and poses new questions!
- After each film, the teacher leads activities – all planned and resourced in the teacher pack - to encourage thoughtful discussion about the ideas, concepts and arguments raised.
- The students then use the Agora online platform to discuss their ideas. Different perspectives are shared between communities.
- At the end of the day, they cast a UK-wide vote to decide how the story should end, and they see the consequences of their choice for the characters.
Agora is supported by the Peter Sowerby Foundation.
“This will undoubtably have a profoundly positive impact on students, building confidence and scepticism in their studies and life.”
TEACHER, THE FARNLEY ACADEMY IN LEEDS
Frequently asked questions
£99 is fantastic value, but what if our budget is already stretched?
We understand that school budgets are tight, and so we've tried to keep the cost as low as possible. There are many ways schools can cover the remaining cost: Agora connects with PSHE, citizenship, and extra-curricular. Many schools see it like a trip, and ask parents to give a small contribution to cover the cost. From our experience, the PTA is often more than happy to help!
How do I secure my place?
What happens next?
Once you've filled in the form, we'll send you a confirmation email with your invoice attached.
Then, you'll receive your teachers' pack which contains everything you need for the day.