Sign up to stay up to date on what we can offer to schools outside the UK (we will never send you spam).
Outstanding current affairs resources by email every half term
Inquiry provides teachers with all they need to have inspiring discussions with their students about the news for one hour every week. See why these discussions matter.
We send a new package of resources every half term, by email. Each package supports six one-hour sessions on a topic in the news, and includes:
- Original multimedia journalism for young people, to develop deep cross-curricular knowledge of current affairs.
- Session guides and resources for inspiring activities to support thoughtful discussions. The activities develop students’ reasoning, curiosity, healthy scepticism, storytelling and open-mindedness. No planning required.
TRY IT OUT
Download a package of resources about the financial crisis and how to make the financial system safer.
The Burnet News Club Global Conversation
A conversation between schools all over the world about a story in the news
The Burnet News Club Global Conversation brings together young people from around the world in an online conversation about the news. It takes place for a six week period once a year.
HOW IT WORKS
- Select up to 30 students aged 12 to 18 to take part. You and they must be fluent in English.
- Deliver six one-hour sessions at your school, using resources that we provide to you.
- In addition to the sessions at school, the students take part in online discussions with peers from around the world, using a unique online platform.
The next Global Conversation will take place in spring 2020. To request a place, please get in touch with Tiff.